NOTE: this is an original M$ image shared with the partenrs.
Description: Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. Officially unveiled in September 2014 following a brief demo at Build 2014, the operating system reached general availability beginning on July 29, 2015. The main goal of Windows 10 is to unify the Windows operating system across multiple Microsoft product families—including PCs, tablets, smartphones, embedded systems, and Xbox One, as well as new products such as Surface Hub and HoloLens—allowing these products to share what Microsoft described as a “universal” application architecture and Windows Store ecosystem. Expanding upon the Windows Runtime platform introduced by Windows 8, this architecture allows applications to be adapted for use between these platforms while sharing common code. Windows 10 introduced revisions to the operating system’s user interface, including the addition of a Start menu similar to Windows 7 but incorporating Windows 8′s live tiles, a virtual desktop system, a notifications sidebar (replacing the charms bar on Windows 8/8.1), and the ability to adjust user interface behaviors based on available input devices—particularly on laplets. Windows 10 provides integration with additional Microsoft services, including the intelligent personal assistant Cortana, and Xbox Live. Windows 10 also introduced a new default web browser, Microsoft Edge, as well as integrated support for fingerprint and face recognition login, and new versions of DirectX and WDDM to improve the operating system’s graphics capabilities for games.
- Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, with lots of similarities to Windows 7 including the Start menu. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have.
- The Windows Insider Program is a global community of fans who love Windows and want to help make it better. Insiders see the operating system in its earliest stages, and play a role in shaping it. Their feedback has contributed to the best Windows ever.
- Microsoft Edge lets you move quickly from browsing to doing. Write1 or type notes directly on webpages and share them with others, read online articles free of distraction, and save your favorite reads for convenient access later.
- Get to done faster by better managing your desktop. Snap up to four things on one screen at the same time and create virtual desktops whenever you need more space or want to group things by project, like Office apps for work and games for play.
- Introducing the new Windows Store, a unified shopping experience across every Windows 10 device. Browse the store on your PC, tablet, or phone and easily download great free and paid digital content including apps, games, music, movies, and TV shows.2
- Windows 10 enables your apps to look and work great in all modes, on all touch PCs and tablets.5
- Touch, type, write, or speak: the choice is yours so you can use whatever works best for what you’re doing. 7
- Connect to a monitor, mouse, and keyboard to use your Windows 10 phone like a PC for getting things done or project to a larger-screen for big-time entertainment.6