Tahira Echoes of the Astral Empire-HI2UAug 31
Tahira was created by a three-person development team who were inspired by real-world travels through the Middle East, Nepal, and India.
We wanted to explore how the destruction of an influential civilisation would have ramifications that lasted for thousands of years. In Tahira’s world you’ll encounter relics from the past. But you’ll also encounter ideas and philosophies that have developed as a reaction to the destruction of a galaxy-spanning empire.
The people who live in Tahira’s world can still feel the distant memories of a greater time and those memories reach from the past and cast themselves as a shadow over all that remains.
It is our hope that we’ve made a game that captures the excitement and adventure of going on a journey, but one that also reflects on some of the harsher realities of life in an honest and interesting way.
- A World Fallen Into a Dark Age – Explore a planet still reeling from the collapse of a galaxy-spanning empire. Learn the history of a former frontier world, and the ancient spacefaring people who first explored it.
- Turn-based Guerrilla Warfare – Control up to 20 characters as you fight against the vast army of the Astral Empire in tactical turn-based battles. You must utilize the environment to even the odds by ambushing enemies, taking cover and knocking foes off cliffs and rooftops.
- Never Fight the Same Battle Twice – Tahira has no filler fights. Each encounter has been specifically designed to advance the story. Battles take place in large environments and feature multiple phases, ranging from the three-stage defence of a town to a desperate struggle to rescue trapped civilians.
- More Than Just Fighting – You don’t just advance from one battle to the next in Tahira, between skirmishes, you’ll find yourself exploring the environment, learning Tahira’s thoughts about the world and getting to know the people who are travelling with you.
- Near Real-time Experience – The majority of Tahira takes place over one night. The game is designed to give you a near real-time experience as you guide our heroine through the most challenging night of her life.
- A Rich Cast of Colourful Characters – Including Baruti, an Avestan General; Claw and Hammer, a mercenary power couple attempting to repay a 20-year-old debt to Avestan; and Iba, Tahira’s loyal horse.
- Tactics for Beginners & Experts – With four difficulty settings, Tahira caters to gamers just interested in the story, seasoned turn-based tactics veterans looking for a brutal challenge and everyone in between.
- A Soundtrack Inspired by The Middle East and Central Asia – Featuring instruments, sounds and textures recorded while travelling those regions.
Genre: Adventure, Indie, RPG, Strategy
Developer: Whale Hammer Games
Publisher:Whale Hammer Games